Friday, April 24, 2009

Friday: start of looong weekend

I had my sister-in-law visiting from Oudtshoorn this evening. Had a good time chatting away. Renier is showing his small town niece, Melissa, the places in Hatfield where the Tuks students hangout.

The fabrics came out gorgeously bright and beautiful after the washing and ironing. I am delighted with the dye experience and are desperate for a source of a good quality calico to use. When I shared my dyeing achievement with a friend, she asked me smiling wickedly: and do you intend to do something with the fabric? I think she needs stash education! Will have to show her studio pictures with cupboards stacked with beautiful fabrics. I've only started with my own hand-dyed collection. Cannot use it! No no no not yet!
As soon as we sorted out what is wrong with our computer's USB ports, I will upload photos.
Tomorrow Susara, Marian and myself will visit a fabric shop in Linden which stocks Kaffe Fasset and Amy Butler fabrics. Will only take with a wee bit of cash and no cards. Hope to show you my shopping finds soon.
We have a long weekend and will only go back to work on Tuesday. Sela.

1 comment:

Millie said...

I am so glad your first hand dyed fabric turned out good. It is something on my list, but I will attempt my fisrt try after my visit to South Africa. Oudtshoorn is such a nice little town.
Geniet die naweek!